FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 21, 2018 — Today, Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) formally announced Representative Elise Stefanik (NY-21) as a 2018 Clean Energy Champion. Representative Stefanik will be recognized at the CRES Clean Energy Champion Awards Reception during National Clean Energy Week (September 24-28, 2018).
“Representative Elise Stefanik has made focusing on commonsense, clean energy solutions that grow the New York economy, strengthen America’s national security and support research and development a hallmark of her time in the House. Additionally, Rep. Stefanik has demonstrated a commitment to promoting clean energy technology as a member of the House Clean Energy and Innovation Working Group. CRES is proud to announce Elise Stefanik as a 2018 Clean Energy Champion,” said CRES Managing Director Heather Reams.
“I am honored to receive this award, and I thank Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions for this recognition,” said Congresswoman Elise Stefanik. “As the proud Representative of the Adirondacks, I know the importance of protecting our environmental treasures. I have been pleased to lead the way on issues ranging from addressing climate change, to promoting renewable energy sources, and I will continue to work across the aisle to ensure we protect our environment for future generations to enjoy. I thank CRES for their important work on these shared priorities.”
CRES 2018 Clean Energy Champions are Republicans recognized for their steadfast leadership in advancing commonsense clean energy solutions that address our nation’s need for abundant, reliable energy while preserving our environment.
Examples of Representative Elise Stefanik’s clean energy record include:
- Helped to ensure that the FY18 budget included funding for Department of Energy’s most important research and development endeavors, such as the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E).
- Co-sponsored the POWER Act, legislation that included critical tax credits to support increased development of wind and solar power, and voted to protect $2 billion of funding for innovative clean energy research within the Department of Energy.
- Took a stand against an amendment to the FY17 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that would undermine alternative energy used by the military.
- Demonstrated a commitment to promoting clean energy technology as a member of the House Clean Energy and Innovation Working Group and good stewardship of our natural environment as a member of the Climate Solutions Caucus.
- Opposed efforts to repeal the Bureau of Land Management’s final rule on methane emissions from oil and gas operation on federal and Indian land.
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about commonsense, conservative solutions to address our nation’s need for abundant, reliable energy while preserving our environment.