Digital Communications Manager
About Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions/ CRES Forum
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. We were founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about commonsense, conservative solutions to address our nation’s need for abundant, reliable energy while preserving our environment. We believe having a strong economy and commonsense energy policies are both attainable. We’re a right-of-center organization that promotes good stewardship of our natural wonders and preservation of our climate for future generations.
CRES Forum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to educating the public and influencing the national conversation about commonsense clean energy. We host forums and events to demonstrate how clean energy policies grow jobs, strengthen the economy and protect our national security, while also helping to preserve our environment.
Although we’ve been around since 2013, we are very much a start-up organization. To advance our work and mission, we’re expanding our reach and putting together our team. At the same time, we’re building our organization from the inside out. That means that much of the infrastructure that makes an organization run (processes, policies, etc.) is developing. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters who share our passion for championing clean energy solutions and who can get excited about helping us build our organization and shape its culture.
About the Digital Communications Manager Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Digital Communications Manager is responsible for all of CRES and CRES Forum’s digital properties, understanding CRES and CRES Forum’s many audiences including policymakers and their staffs, policy organizations, outside stakeholders, and supporters, and effectively communicating with them through web, print, digital and social.
The Digital Communications Manager identifies opportunities to communicate CRES’ legislative goals, policy positions, and Clean Energy Champions; develops owned content and disseminates it through traditional and digital channels; defines and executes strategic advocacy solutions across native, premium and social media content platforms; and, creates dynamic online communications for effective engagement strategies and creating echo chambers in pursuit of advocacy and education goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage and update content on all digital properties to include websites and
social media platforms with original daily content, including some graphics.
- Manage CRES and CRES Forum online advertising and budget.
- Manage the CRES Action Center for digital advocacy campaigns.
- Manage website and graphic design vendors.
- Coordinate with counterparts at allied organizations.
- Develop and execute engagement strategies that include using digital
analytics/social media listening tools to develop data-driven strategies.
- Identify tools and techniques to help support CRES’ objectives, advance
storytelling and drive engagement.
- Identify ways to measure success against the campaign goals and achievable
- Determine methods to collect and present data and analysis to leadership and
- Identify and manage content development for online storytelling.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, having at least 4-6 years of digital advocacy experience –
preferably at an advocacy organization, on Capitol Hill or political campaigns.
- Ability to manage websites in WordPress.
- Effective storyteller through online tools (written, video, images).
- Experience with digital analytics tools and connect management tools.
- Experience in developing multi-platform content strategy rooted in insights.
- Experience in driving creative, integrated digital campaigns from concept to
execution and reporting.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting engagement metrics, working across the
various reporting tools; utilizing data to drive content strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Graphic design skills for social media and light print collateral.
WORKING STYLE AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Self-directed, self-starter able to manage multiple priorities.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, regularly identifying opportunities to advance
the CRES agenda and maximizing those opportunities.
- Operating style suited to working in a start-up organization setting, where
teamwork, initiative and resourcefulness are highly valued.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Flexible with a strong sense of honor and integrity.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CRES and CRES Forum offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three references to [email protected] Please use “Digital Communications Manager” as the subject line for your e-mail. We review applications on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible.
CRES and CRES Forum are Equal Opportunity Employers and encourage diversity in all facets of the organizations’ work.