EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/PROJECT COORDINATOR
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about responsible, conservative solutions to address our nation’s energy, economic, and environmental security while increasing America’s competitive edge.
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) Forum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that educates the public and influences the national conversation around responsible clean energy solutions that are actionable, market-friendly, and responsible. Founded in 2017, our organization provides expert information to key decision makers so they are empowered to act.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator to join our growing team in Washington, D.C.
The executive assistant/project coordinator acts as a gatekeeper for members of the senior management team. At times, the executive assistant/project coordinator will also be included on work to support the leadership team in strategy development, project management, and implementation of work plans. This position will also interface with the CRES and CRES Forum board members to include planning logistics for board meetings and occasionally staffing them.
CRES is looking for team members who share our commitment and passion for championing energy solutions that balance the nation’s economic, energy and environmental needs. We also are looking for self-starters who are willing to work hard for a cause they believe in, who roll their sleeves up and dive in, and who share our commitment to building a winning organization that makes a lasting and important contribution to our country’s energy policies. For those people, we offer a rewarding career, a creative, collegial work environment, a competitive pay and benefits package, and the opportunity to shape America’s energy future.
CRES is an equal opportunity employer. A background check is required before a formal offer is made to any candidate.
Candidates may submit their resumes to [email protected]. See more details in Application Process below.
- Strategically prioritize and schedule meetings, calls, appointments, conferences and speaking engagements, as well as arrange the travel and accommodations for executive team members;
- Prepare and submit expense reports for executive team members;
- Field, assess, and respond to requests and inquiries from staff, outside consultants, and general public;
- Coordinate logistics for all staff meetings, including some off-site events;
- Coordination of CRES career job postings and scheduling interviews as directed;
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding employees;
- Serve a primary contact for program vendors such as news services, database service, and conference lines; and,
- Interface with accounting and human resources to help the office run smoothly and the team feel supported.
- Assist executive director in managing projects, workflow, timeframes, and deliverables;
- Conduct data entry and assist with database management;
- Lead coordination and management of c3 and c4 board reporting to include scheduling meetings, agenda preparation, and gathering/printing/distribution of relevant materials;
- Manage scheduling and deadlines for reporting for CRES and CRES Forum, to include gathering information, copyediting, and assisting with submission;
- Coordination, management, and ordering of CRES branded supplies with marketing/communications department;
- Draft executive communications (i.e. letters, emails, etc.);
- Compile notes and key action items from meetings as requested; and,
- Assist with research, and other tasks as assigned.
- Work with property manager regarding general maintenance, including security, wiring, HVAC, lighting, etc. and project management of an office move;
- Work with vendors to ensure computer, printer, listserv, telecom, and internet services are working properly;
- Troubleshoot and oversee resolution of IT issues in the office;
- Monitor and ensure adequate office and kitchen supplies;
- Handle all incoming phone calls and deliveries, checking of external mailbox; and,
- Be available to open and close the office (9 AM – 6 PM Monday through Friday).
Office Guest Support
- Prepare the office in advance of client meetings and clean up during/after meetings, securing room reservations as needed;
- Welcome guests and ensure they have the resources they need while in our office; and,
- Manage catering or other needs while guests are in the office.
- Minimum of three years of administrative experience preferred, while specific experience as an Executive Assistant to a CEO/Executive Director, etc. is valued.
- Political experience or understanding, including working with an advocacy or trade organization, or on the Hill is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook as well as Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Sheets required.
- Experience with Quorum, Phone2Action, or other CRM databases or email systems (i.e. MailChimp) is valued.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal communication, written, analytical skills, including proofreading skills;
- Professional appearance and ability to maintain the confidentiality required of the organization;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, outside consultants, and CRES guests;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative, be able to work independently, and be a team player;
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, multi-task, make sound judgments, and prioritize work assignments;
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts; and,
- Interest in politics and energy and environmental issues preferred.
- Standard office environment, 9 AM – 6 PM core working hours, Monday – Friday.
- The position is based in Washington, D.C.
- The position reports to the Executive Director, and may support the senior team members as needed.
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive medical & dental, vision, fully paid for employee
- 6 Federal Holidays plus 2 floating holidays
- Week off between Christmas and New Year
- Matching 401k
- Fully paid STD/ LTD
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Paid parking or commute stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Annual bonuses and year-end bonus have been historically awarded
- Gym availability in office building
- 30 day paid maternity/ paternity leave
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three references to [email protected]. Please use “Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator” as the subject line for your e-mail. We review applications on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible. CRES is an equal opportunity employer. A background check is required before a formal offer is made to any candidate.