About Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions/ CRES Forum
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) is a 501(c)(4) advocacy organization founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about commonsense, conservative solutions to address our nation’s need for abundant, reliable energy while preserving our environment. CRES Forum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to educating the public and influencing the national conversation about commonsense clean energy solutions that are actionable, market-friendly, and fiscally responsible.
We’re all about responsible energy. To us, that means clean energy choices that lead to growth in our economy, strengthening our national security, and preserving our environment. Our work is based in Washington, DC and is expanding across the country on the state level. We also have several high-profile events that we plan and coordinate. The successful candidate for this position will have significant ability to influence CRES’ growth and effectiveness.
Although we are beyond a startup, we continue to define our organizational culture so the successful candidate will help shape it. We are looking for people who are willing to work hard for a cause they believe in, who roll their sleeves up and dive in, and who share our commitment to building a winning organization that makes a lasting and important contribution to our country’s energy policies. For those people, we offer a rewarding career, a creative, collegial work environment, a competitive pay and benefits package, and the opportunity to shape America’s future.
Director of Digital Communications
CRES seeks a creative and seasoned digital communications professional to lead the organizations’ digital presence and messaging. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Digital Communications Director is responsible for all of CRES and CRES Forum digital properties, understanding CRES and CRES Forum’s many audiences including policymakers and their staffs, policy organizations, outside stakeholders, and supporters, and can effectively communicate with them through web, digital, social and video.
The director is the expert in the room about digital strategy and identifies opportunities to communicate CRES’ legislative goals, policy positions, and Clean Energy Champions; conceptualizes owned content and disseminates it through digital channels; defines and executes strategic advocacy solutions across native, premium and social media content platforms; and, creates dynamic online communications for effective engagement strategies, creating echo chambers in pursuit of advocacy and education goals.
There is no incumbent in this position so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to have significant influence in shaping the digital program. In addition, budget for state-of-the-art tools and resources has been set aside for this program enabling the successful candidate to have appropriate resources to conduct his or her work.
- Serve on management team to determine best use of digital resources and budget to advance CRES and CRES Forum’s mission and goals.
- Oversee and manage all digital properties to include websites and social media platforms with original daily content, including some graphics.
- Oversee and manage online content creation.
- Recommend and manage CRES and CRES Forum online advertising budget.
- Manage the CRES Action Center for digital advocacy campaigns.
- Manage website and graphic design vendors.
- Coordinate with counterparts at allied organizations.
- Develop and execute engagement strategies that include using digital analytics/social media listening tools to develop data-driven strategies.
- Identify tools and techniques to help support CRES’ objectives, advance storytelling and drive engagement.
- Identify measures of success against the campaign goals and achievable outcomes.
- Determine methods to collect and present data and analysis to leadership and supporters.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Philosophical alignment with the missions of CRES and CRES Forum.
- Bachelor’s degree, having at least eight years of digital advocacy experience – preferably at advocacy organizations, public affairs firms, on Capitol Hill or political campaigns.
- Ability to effectively use digital analytics tools and content management tools and utilize data to drive strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in driving creative, integrated digital campaigns from concept to execution and reporting on them.
- Ability to work in WordPress and oversee the management of numerous websites.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Graphic design skills for social media and light print collateral, preferred.
- Understanding of audience segmentation and database management, preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CRES/CRES Forum offer a competitive salary and benefits package. CRES /CRES Forum is Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organizations’ work.
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please use “Digital Communications Director” as the subject line for your e-mail. We review applications on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!