FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 12, 2018 — Today, Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) formally endorsed Congressman Brian Mast’s re-election bid for U.S. House in Florida’s 18th District.
“In a tough political year, the Republican candidates who will be successful on Election Day are those who want to solve the big challenges facing our country. Voters are demanding action from their leaders on a wide range of divergent issues, and very few have clear-cut solutions. However, when it comes to growing our economy, enhancing our energy security, and preserving our climate, voters and candidates are embracing the promise of clean energy. Today, CRES proudly endorses Rep. Brian Mast, who has a proven track record of leadership and support for the clean energy future Americans want and our economy demands,” said CRES Executive Director James Dozier.
“I appreciate this endorsement from Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions and their support of my work in Congress. Coastal communities like mine know that it is vital to our economy that we do everything we can to preserve our natural environment. That is why I have worked across the aisle to secure critical funding to restore the Everglades and address the harm caused by toxic algal blooms. I have also joined bipartisan efforts to advance policies that will further the development of domestic clean energy technologies that will enhance America’s economic, climate, and national security,” said Rep. Brian Mast.
Rep. Mast’s record on clean energy includes:
- Sponsored and co-sponsored multiple bills in Congress which seek to improve environmental quality including the Harmful Algal Blooms Solutions Act, Marine Oil Spill Prevention Act, Stop Harmful Discharges Act and Everglades FIRST Act.
- Opposed efforts to remove language directing the U.S. Department of Defense to prepare for the effects of climate change from the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act.
- Demonstrated a commitment to promoting good stewardship of our natural environment as a member of the Climate Solutions Caucus.
- Opposed efforts to repeal the Bureau of Land Management’s final rule on methane emissions from oil and gas operation on federal and Indian land.
- Voted no on an amendment which would have eliminated funding for the ARPA-E program in the FY18 Energy and Water Appropriations bill.
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization advocating for comprehensive and responsible solutions to our nation’s energy issues. The organization is comprised of citizens from around the country who believe it is time for politicians in Washington to stop arguing, and start working on ways to solve our nation’s energy crisis.