FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: [email protected]
JUNE 26, 2018
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) Executive Director James Dozier released the following statement on the primary election victories of Gov. Henry McMaster and State Senator William Timmons in South Carolina.
“CRES was proud to support Governor Henry McMaster and GOP Nominee William Timmons (SC-04) in their hard fought primary and run-off campaigns. Both men have served the state of South Carolina with distinction and we look forward to supporting their campaigns in the fall,” said James Dozier, Executive Director of Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions. “These Republican primary victories prove that support for conservative clean energy policies is both smart policy and smart politics. America’s clean energy sector is creating real economic opportunity in South Carolina and across the country. I hope other Republican candidates will take note that support for clean energy is an important part of any winning strategy in both primary and general elections.”
In the SC-04 race, CRES supported State Senator William Timmons through an independent phone, mail and digital ad buy ($67,000) highlighting his support for clean energy as a member of the state legislature. CRES endorsed both McMaster and Timmons in their respective races ahead of the June 12th primary elections.
McMaster’s record in support of clean energy in South Carolina includes:
- Supported the development of a variety of solar energy projects throughout South Carolina, such as a $100 million investment to build a 74-megawatt solar panel farm near Edgefield Highway in Aiken County.
- Defended South Carolina’s pristine coastline and coastal shoreline by requesting an exclusion from the National Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Leasing Program.
- Encouraged clean energy investment as Lieutenant Governor, which helped to revitalize South Carolina’s economy and bring new employment and manufacturing opportunities to the Palmetto State.
William Timmons’s record on clean energy includes:
- Supported legislation to ensure the continued growth of solar energy as a member of the South Carolina Senate.
- Promoted free-market, pro-solar policies to help further energy independence in South Carolina as a member of the Palmetto Conservative Solar Coalition (PCSC).
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization founded in 2013 to engage Republican policymakers and the public about commonsense, conservative solutions to address our nation’s need for abundant, reliable energy while preserving our environment.